In Australia, every year trucks transport more than 1.7 million tonnes freight across 12,505 million kilometers. With such huge numbers it is easy to see why Australia’s trucking industry is so vital.
Drives economic growth
- The trucking industry plays an important role in the economic growth of Australia. It delivers goods to and from the market, and transport supplies and materials to manufacturers and on-sellers.
- Did you know that heavy freight transport covers more roads, than the railway? Trucks can deliver to the most remote regions, delivering door to door solutions.
- Trucks now generate less and less greenhouse gas emissions. This is due to innovations in Eco-friendly truck designs and technology. The industry is committed to reducing our carbon footprint.
- Truck drivers must follow strict safety regulations in order to deliver their loads in good condition and on time. They are not allowed to drive more than 12 hours per day.
- Some heavy freight transport companies employ two licensed drivers for one truck. If they need to drive long distances, one would drive while the other is sleeping.
- Up to 70% of all goods transported around Australia are delivered by trucks.
- In 2018, Queensland had the longest total road length in Australia, the state had a total length of 226.6 thousand kilometres.
- In the same year, the entirety of the country had a total road length of 877.7 thousand kilometres.
The team you can trust
So, as you can see the trucking industry in Australia plays a very important part in keeping our economy moving forward. And as a leader in our field, you can always rely on Lee Transport to safely and efficiently deliver your goods and freight to their destination.
Would you like to know more about our delivery services? Please call our friendly staff on 07 54821697 and we’d be happy to answer your questions and book your next delivery.